WiSHES Summer Enrichment Connections Program (WSECP)
Summer is a time of relaxation and fun and that is precisely, what our recreational activities offer our program participants. Onsite activities have include reading, science projects, playing board games, assembling puzzles, robotics projects, crafts, computer games, and card games. One day per week, we are offsite for field trips.
Focuses of the academic component during the WSECP:
- Encouraging academic confidence, growth, and improvement while preventing summer slide. A love for mathematics, reading comprehension may not be in your every student’s future but, a fundamental knowledge and understanding of each is important.
- Fun internet-based activities that engage students while teaching the fundamentals of math, phonics, reading, and reading comprehension.
- Computer platform that youth teaches youth both math and basic coding.
- Standardized workbook curriculum for Math and English Language Arts.
Fun at WiSHES Summer Enrichment Connections Program (WSECP)
Summer is a time of relaxation and fun and that is precisely, what students enjoy at WSECP. From the onsite activities that include science projects, playing board games, assembling puzzles, robotics projects, crafts, computer games, and card games. Friday students enjoy onsite fun day or offsite field trips. Our field trips include COSI, Newport Aquarium, Kroger Aquatic Center, Englewood Fun Center, and much… much… more!!
See photo and video highlights from our previous program years:
- Summer Enrichment Program and students participating in academic tutoring click here
All students are encouraged to read 2 books from our onsite library and/or the bookmobile that has visits onsite bi-weekly.
Soda Can Robot Project
Volunteers visited our Huber Heights Summer Enrichment Program to help students build their own battery operated soda can robot. See video highlights by clicking here
- During our butterfly project, we observed the life cycle of Painted Lady Butterflies. As the students learned, the Butterflies Life Cycle is from eggs to caterpillars, to chrysalis where they emerge as a butterfly. We began with 36 caterpillars and at the end of the project; we had 25 Beautiful Painted Lady Butterflies that we released outside of the center.
- We filmed time-lapsed video of the caterpillar going into chrysalis and emerging from chrysalis as a butterfly. Click here to see it for yourself!
- To see photos from our visit to Huber Heights Fire Station #22 and Kroger Aquatic Center may be seen by clicking here.
- To view photos of our breakfast outing click here.
- Enjoy video of our visit to the Dragons Family Day by clicking here.
- To see video and pictures of our trip to Center of Science and Industry (COSI) click here.
Newport Aquarium, Bowling Field Trip, Englewood Fun Center
- Click here to see the Newport Aquarium field trip and Onsite Activities.
- Want to see our Friday bowling field trip? Click here.
- Click to see fun in the bouncy house and golfing at Englewood Fun Center.